2022 – Cathodic Protection Technician: Reinforced Concrete Structures Level 2 BS EN ISO 15257: 2017
Why attend this course?
These ICorr courses and examination are in compliance with ISO 15257:2017 and are suitable for candidates with or without experience in cathodic protection, but note that full certification to this level requires a minimum duration of one year’s experience, an examination pass and a subsequent application and assessment by the ICorr Professional Assessment Committee. The courses are also suitable for those who merely require an appreciation of the protection of reinforced concrete structures without pursuing certification in accordance with ISO 15257.
The following topics are relevant to this application sector:
- The basics of metals & corrosion
- Basic potential measurement techniques of metals in solution
- Half-cell potential survey techniques for steel in concrete
- Resistivity survey techniques for steel in concrete
- Calibration & checking of NDT equipment
- Galvanic Anodes (Repair Enhancers) for steel in concrete
- Introduction to the concept of CP
- Basic CP system measurements & data recording
- Introduction to electrical safety in CP
This application sector includes, for example, the following:
- Atmospherically exposed steel-reinforced (both post-tensioned and pre-stressed) concrete, onshore structures (bridges, walls, piles, buildings etc.);
- Buried steel-reinforced (both post-tensioned and pre-stressed) concrete structures (pipelines, tunnels, foundations, etc.);
- Steel-reinforced (both post-tensioned and pre-stressed) concrete structures immersed in fresh water (pipe lines, foundations, swimming-pools, water tanks);
- Steel-reinforced (both post-tensioned and pre-stressed) concrete structures immersed in seawater (harbour facilities, piers, jetties, offshore platforms).
The topics of this course are fully set out and described in ISO 15257 Clause 6. The rules governing training, examination and certification are set out in ICorr QPD.
Please click the box below to download the booking form.