Cathodic Protection Technician: Reinforced Concrete Structures Level 3 BS EN ISO 15257: 2017
Why attend this course?
These ICorr courses and examination are in compliance with ISO 15257:2017 and are suitable for candidates with or without experience in cathodic protection, but note that full certification to this level requires a minimum duration of one year’s approved experience, an examination pass and a subsequent application and assessment by the ICorr Professional Assessment Committee. The courses are also suitable for those who merely require an appreciation of the protection of reinforced concrete structures without pursuing certification in accordance with ISO 15257.
The following topics are relevant to this application sector:
- CP general principles;
- CP measurement techniques;
- specific applications of steel in concrete;
- other electrochemical techniques that are also aimed at mitigating corrosion of steel embedded in concrete, such as electrochemical re-alkalization and chloride extraction treatments for reinforced concrete.
This application sector includes, for example, the following:
- atmospherically exposed steel-reinforced (both post-tensioned and pre-stressed) concrete, onshore structures (bridges, walls, piles, buildings etc.);
- buried steel-reinforced (both post-tensioned and pre-stressed) concrete structures (pipelines, tunnels, foundations, etc.);
- steel-reinforced (both post-tensioned and pre-stressed) concrete structures immersed in fresh water (pipe lines, foundations, swimming-pools, water tanks);
- steel-reinforced (both post-tensioned and pre-stressed) concrete structures immersed in seawater (harbour facilities, piers, jetties, offshore platforms).
The topics of this course are fully set out and described in ISO 15257 Clause 6. The rules governing training, examination and certification are set out in ICorr QPD.
|Cathodic Protection Concrete ISO Level 3 / 2024||08/07/2024 – 12/07/2024||£1260||£405||ICORR Training and Examination Centre, Telford|
To book, please visit the ICORR WEBSITE