Cathodic Protection On-Land (Buried) Structures ISO Level 3
Why attend this course?
The course and examination are in compliance with ISO 15257:2017 and are suitable for candidates with the requisite qualifying experience. The course is suitable for those who took the Level 2 training course and those who merely require an appreciation of the cathodic protection of Buried Applications (Underground and Immersed Metallic Structures) at this higher level without pursuing certification.
The following topics are relevant to this application sector:
- CP general principles and specific applications in soils and waters;
- CP measurement techniques;
- protection against corrosion by stray current from direct current systems;
- interference alternating current and direct current;
- touch potentials.
This application sector includes, for example, the following:
- buried onshore pipelines;
- sections of onshore pipelines crossing rivers, lakes or short lengths of sea;
- landfalls of offshore pipelines protected by an onshore CP system;
- buried tanks;
- bottoms (external side) of above-ground tanks;
- complex structures
- well casings;
- buried plant modules.
The topics of this course are fully set out and described in ISO 15257 Clause 6. The rules governing training, examination and certification are set out in ICorr QPD.
If you are interested in future dates for this course, please contact the CPA office directly to be added to our course information distribution list.